We have an extensive team of fully qualified and experienced therapists offering:
- Play therapy (for children aged 4-11)
- Art Therapy(suitable for all ages)
- Music Therapy (suitable for all ages)
- Dance Movement Therapy (suitable for all ages)
- 1 hour sessions per week for 10 weeks (length of sessions and courses are adapted to suit the individual needs of children and young people
- Individual and Group programmes are available
- Sessions are usually run on school site. Other suitable venues can be used.
These psychological therapies allow a child/young person to express, contain and explore difficult thoughts and feelings in a safe place. Students are given a space tailored to the individual needs where there is an opportunity to think about issues which may be important to them. Anger, fear, trauma and loss can prevent children from thinking and learning. By being listening to and supported through a creative process a child may be able to explore feelings which are difficult or confusing, and learn new ways to understand them and know what to do with them. Extensive research shows that emotional regulation and self awareness can significantly improve learning and well-being outcomes.
Contact us for further details